Friday, November 12, 2010

Medifast Week 1

I'm starting this more so as a personal blog for myself so that I can track my journey on this program:

Diet after Diet after Diet.....
From Atkins to Weight Watchers, I have tried them all. Well this week I embarked on something new...MediFast. I learned of Medifast from a co-worker who lost 40+ pounds. Medifast is a program in which you purchase the food from Medifast and you have 5 of their meals per day and one Lean & Green which can consist of a lean meat and green veggies. When I first heard all that was involved in this diet, I have to admit, my first thought was that if I was was able to control that much of what I ate and when, I wouldn't have a weight problem to begin with. So initially, I just knew this diet wasn't for me.

It wasn't until a sorority sister of mine that I had not seen in a while dropped some noticeable weight. I asked her what she was on, and she said Medifast! She began to tell me how easy it was for her and how much she loved it. No too longer after, I ran into someone else who was starting the program on the following Monday. I took this as a sign! I immediately asked her for the contact person that could give me all the details and information on this Medifast. Although I was a little reluctant about the price, once they broke it down per week, it factored out to what I was spending on groceries and lunch each day. I convinced a co-worker of mine to join me on this journey. With the holidays being just around the corner, I was a little nervous about the timing, but why put off tomorrow what you can do today, right?

So on Tuesday, November 9, 2010 my Medifast journey began. My first day was not too bad, surprisingly. I must admit I was not a fan of the food on the first day; it lacked flavor and definitely substance. I was actually shocked at how smooth Day 1 went though. I was not hungry nor did I crave anything. Big Surprise!

As the week went on, the food became more and more palatable. I had to doctor up a few of the items with some spices, but overall I was actually beginning to like the taste of most of the foods and still did not get hungry throughout the day. My favorites of what I have tried in my 4 days so far are the Dutch Chocolate Shakes and Oatmeal Raisin Bars!

Here I am at the end of Day 4 and I am down 8 pounds!!! Can you believe that?!?!?!? I know, I was not suppose to get on the scale until next Tuesday, which would have been 1 full week, but I couldn't help it, I had to peek. I am so elated! Today was actually my birthday and my boyfriend took me out to dinner, which I had salmon and broccoli. He ate pasta and cheesecake in front of me, and I could have died at the fact that I was actually able to resist tasting not one bite. I was soooo proud of myself. Me resisting cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory...are you kidding me?!?!? Never before!

So far, so good with everything. Everything is easy to take with you on the go, they give you so much variety, and you rarely get hungry because you are eating every 2-3 hours. When I do get a little hungry and I'm between meals, I usually just have a piece of sugar free gum.

8 lbs and counting.....we'll see where this journey goes!

Short Term Goal - Lose 25 lbs by Christmas (17 lbs to go!!!)
Long Term Goal - Lose 80 lbs overall

No comments: